[HamWAN PSDR] Traffic protection without encryption

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:20:20 PST 2013

>> I don't know, without testing, whether there are issues with
>> non-ipsec enabled hosts communicating with ipsec enabled hosts.

On the whole subject in general....

We (HAMS) have been doing Internet connections on Ham frequencies for
over 20 years.   Every time something new comes up or a new group
wants to do it (HamWan...) these same discussions are held.   Of
course with the rate that technology is advancing the descussions are
more involved and sophisticated every iteration.  Bottom line from the
high water mark - there's never been an issue or a problem.  Of course
today there is far more speed available to do cool (and sometimes
questionable) things.

Which comes back to a even more basic issue.   Why bother with Part 97
(HAM) use at all unless using frequencies that are not available to
Part 15?   Part 97 only brings issues, discussions and drawbacks...

73
Bill - WA7NWP