[HamWAN PSDR] The 3rd time is not charmed [was: 8dB drop/rise!]

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan.stuff at ae7q.com
Mon Jul 21 16:06:30 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-21 11:26, Tom Hayward wrote:
> Here's some information about restoring a RouterBoard with NetInstall:
> http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall
>> This is the third time I've had this 8dB drop, and the second time I've had to go to the roof to reset the radio.  So, I've removed the antenna from the roof.  So, unless someone has a bright idea, the 5SHPn and the 31dBi dish antenna are available for $120 total.  I'd like to sell them as a unit, because I've got a really nice (but easily removable) taped seal of the antenna/radio connection.  If you can't get the radio to work, you're only out $20.
> This is a great deal for anyone who needs a HamWAN client.  Resurrecting the modem is probably a 10 minutes job, and these Poynting antennas are sold out everywhere.
>
> Tom KD7LXL

Thanks for the info about NetInstall, but when I hold the reset button
on the 5SHPn, it stops flashing after about 15 seconds, which according
to the documentation is the supposed acknowledgment that it is going to
search for NetInstall for a PXE boot.

NetInstall has the PXE server enabled, but never sees the 5SHPn.

Yes, $120 is a good deal for the package.