[HamWAN PSDR] Update: 8dB rise!

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Fri Jun 13 18:29:07 PDT 2014

Going back to v6.13 didn't improve anything, but it did seem to get rid
of the occasional variations in voltage (from 13.5v down to 12.8v) that
SNMP was reporting to "The Dude" software.  So, after letting v6.13 run
for couple hours with no improvement, I reinstalled v6.15.

Presto!  Instant dBm improvement back to my normally observed values.
Here are links to SNMP graphs of the drop @9:30am, and the rise at
17:48pm.  Of course, you can also see this in Nigel's Cacti reporting,
albeit with less horizontal (time) resolution.

http://www.ae7q.com/misc/media/5.9GHz/2014-06-13_0940.png
http://www.ae7q.com/misc/media/5.9GHz/2014-06-13_1740.png

Note that the reported sudden dBm "rise" to -60dBm (the upper limit I've
imposed to keep the graph scale reasonable) on two occasions in the
second graph, is when I upgraded and then reconfigured the radio (from a
cut-&-paste script), and should be ignored.

Note that a very similar scenario occurred several months ago, when I
upgraded from v6.10 to v6.12.

Of course, today is Friday the 13th.  Maybe Jason is responsible.

-- Dean