[HamWAN PSDR] Lookout update - 8/3/19

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Sat Aug 3 22:19:12 PDT 2019

After a long and productive day I'm happy to say that Lookout is live,
although there is work yet to be done before it will connect out to the rest
of the world.

A big "Thank you" goes out to Kenny Richards, Tom Hayward, Scott Honaker,
Erik Robins, Gary Nevius, Wayne Connell, Steve Stroh, and Rob Chatham.
Through their efforts all of the interior wiring and equipment, PTP link
dishes to Triangle and SnoDEM, and client Sector 3 are installed, up, and
running.

The PTP links on the Lookout end are done.  We need to align the
corresponding PTP dishes AT Triangle and SnoDEM in order to complete the
connections.  This will likely happen in the next 1-2 weeks.

We will be planning another visit to Lookout - likely in September, to put
Sector 1 (Whatcom Co and BC) and Sector 2 (Eastern Mt Vernon and Skagit Co)
online.   At the moment the existing Sector 3 should be able to be seen
roughly from Mt Constitution to I-5 south through Mt Vernon.  If you have
gear and have been waiting to connect up to Lookout in that area, you should
be able to see Sector 3.  While you can connect and test your gear, you will
not "get" anywhere beyond that until either the SnoDEM or Triangle links are
completed - again that should be in the next week or two.

Thanks again for everyone's help and a job well done.  This has been a
personal goal of mine for the last 6 years - since HamWAN started.  Once the
last 2 sectors are put online this will fill in a HUGE footprint from Mt
Vernon well into B.C. across Whatcom, Skagit, Island, and San Juan counties.
I'll put out a call for volunteers when we are ready for the next visit to
finish things off.

Cheers,

Rob Salsgiver - NR3O