[HamWAN PSDR] GOES-17 Service

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Wed Aug 7 10:17:11 PDT 2019

Mostly just general interest. All these images/data products are available from NOAA on the web, but I’ve previously received the images from the polar orbiters at 137Mhz, and was curious to check out the geostationary birds. GOES-17 recently being moved into active service as GOES West (February of this year), was just another tick mark as it is one of the new GOES-R series satellites and carries all the extra imaging channels and additional text products in the EMWIN network.

Nigel