[HamWAN PSDR] Questions from a newbie

Ross Sponholtz rsponholtz at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 12:37:57 PDT 2019

Hi Folks,
I’m interested in joining the PSDR as a client node, but have a couple of questions:

  1.  Does anyone know how high above the ground the Capitol Park antenna is? I assumed 100 feet for the below.
  2.  I live in Bellevue, and a small area around my house is light red in the coverage diagram.  Looking at http://wisp.heywhatsthat.com, it says I need to be 22 feet above the ground to get LOS to capital park. How accurate would you consider this?  Would it be pointless for me to try to set this up if I can’t get up that high? I realize that putting up an antenna/hardware would really tell me this, but I’m somewhat reluctant to invest in the hardware if my chances of success are low.  I suppose I could always create a portable setup if all else fails.[cid:image001.png at 01D5269B.CF6E5B00]

  1.  Are there any other tower locations that would be better for me to look at?  It looks like beacon hill and east tiger won’t work at all.  Any others coming online soon?

Thanks!
Ross Sponholtz
N9TGX