[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN setup week of July 4

ryan nelson ryan at ryan.net
Sun Jun 30 22:53:05 PDT 2019

Hello!  I’m new to the seattle area, and planning on trying to link up to
the HamWAN this week with the help of a friend who’s apparently done it
before with a non-permanent link and a MikroTik SXT lite 5.  I assume it's
"rest of world", since he's had success before.

My own RBLHG-5nD RoW should be delivered tomorrow, and I'll be pointing it
from my house in Ravenna at around "47.675261 N 122.296587 W 266 ft"

looking at Capitol park looks like I have 4-miles line of sight:
https://www.heywhatsthat.com/?view=B8G29LXE

Should I just be able to connect, using the instructions online?  Do I need
to register anything in advance, or will I just associate and get an
address via DHCP?
Any tips?

looking forward to jumping in!
Ryan Nelson