[HamWAN PSDR] Any other ideas on how to experiment with hamwan?

Chris Prosser chris at nart.org
Tue Mar 12 18:47:30 PDT 2019

Hey Bill,

Wow. I hadn’t even considered that. I’ve been fascinated by WISPs. With the gear I already have at home (two edgerouters from Ubiquiti) I then only need the two PtMP radios. I can set up the tunnel to the 44net using my home internet. I have a nice park right next door to run tests from.

I have not found the Mikrotik web site very useful. Any suggestions for a cheap sector radio? Can I just use one of the client radios and configure it as a sector (of course the directionality won’t be ideal, but fine for me in a point to point fashion).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone