[HamWAN PSDR] Question about MikroTik client node frequency coverage

Steve - WA7PTM psdr-list at aberle.net
Thu May 23 04:46:03 PDT 2019

Jeff:

I had the same question when trying to select a MikroTik device for my
QTH, specifically about the high end frequency agility of the DynaDish 5
(https://mikrotik.com/product/RBDynaDishG-5HacDr3) vs. the low end range
of the DynaDish 6 (https://mikrotik.com/product/dynadish_6).  Both the
empirical information found on this mailing list, and the engineering
gurus at the dealer I used, said being on the edge of the MikroTik spec
should NOT be an issue.

The DynaDish 5 which I purchased works fine as connected to the Larch
Mtn. site.  On this product, the 5.835 GHz spec is for the US version,
and they have a 5.875 GHz spec on the International version (the one you
need).  The upper end is not a "limit" per se, and the product works
fine throughout the 5cm ham band.

Steve