[HamWAN PSDR] Thanks: My HamWAN to Buck is working OK

David C. Jenner djenner8 at mac.com
Wed Nov 20 21:20:53 PST 2019

Many thanks to those in the To: fields of this message.

My HamWAN connection to Buck Mountain appears to be fully working.
Because I am 2 miles from--but 3600 feet right below--Buck Mountain, the
signal strength is not super.  I am usually getting 5+/-1 Mbps
throughput.  That's good enough for most everything Ham I want to do.

My HamWAN is on its own, separate network with an RPi/DMR hotspot and a
computer at the present.  I will be adding a couple more RPi/radios and
another computer in the future.

Both the radio/dish and my firewall/router need to be tweaked a bit more
to increase security, but, amazingly, so far I haven't bricked either!

73,
Dave
K7DCJ