[HamWAN PSDR] Need Power High on Tower

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Thu Oct 10 18:17:49 PDT 2019

Ken,

First thought is I’d look at doing something like a small enclosure at the level of your sectors with something like the hEX PoE (https://mikrotik.com/product/RB960PGS <https://mikrotik.com/product/RB960PGS>) in there. Run fiber and power up the tower to the enclosure, then have short runs of cat-5/6 from the enclosure out to the sectors.

Fiber also provides your isolation on the DC side, so then all you have to worry about protecting is the power.

Nigel