[HamWAN PSDR] Dish alignment continued

Carl Leon carl at n7kuw.com
Mon Oct 28 09:04:26 PDT 2019

The BaseBox5 has a row of LED indicators on the outside of the housing. With the BaseBox5 properly connected to the LNB on the dish, you can connect your Ethernet to it, and power it with the POE. The power LED should light up.  If you are close in your alignment, one or more of the signal level LEDs should light.  At this point, you can use those indicators for rough alignment.

If no signal LEDs are lit, you should try very slow azimuth sweeps to see if you can find a signal. If nothing, change elevation a degree or two and try azimuth sweep again.  Continue until you catch some type of signal.  Then adjust for maximum (both azimuth and elevation).  Don’t go too fast or you can move right past the signal and not see an LED response.