[HamWAN PSDR] Encryption issues

Kenny Richards richark at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 13:11:58 PDT 2019

Scott,

You are asking some questions which have come up several times and I don't
think we have ever really successfully answer them.

Re: Window10 Chattyness: You could put a firewall between the Windows10 box
and the HamWAN radio, blocking anything which wasn't directed to WinLink
systems. (After turning off as much of the auto-updates and other phone
home things as you can in Windows) I agree that nearly all this is over TLS
connections now.

I don't have a good suggestion for the call into the Winlink CMS system,
unless there is some kind of proxy you can put in the middle. Maybe you
stick the logs on a server some where and make them available, so you are
not obfuscating anything going over the link? (giant hack)

73,
Kenny