[HamWAN PSDR] 1/2" Outdoor UV Protected CAT 5e

Darcy Buskermolen darcyb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 14:13:15 PDT 2019

That target market has single mode fiber as its primary packet delivery method to the top of stick.Sent on the go, from somewhere other than here.
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Stroh <steve.stroh at gmail.com> Date: 2019-09-02  13:17  (GMT-08:00) To: Puget Sound Data Ring <psdr at hamwan.org> Subject: Re: [HamWAN PSDR] 1/2" Outdoor UV Protected CAT 5e I don’t think HamWAN or even the typical WISP is the target audience for this product.I could easily see this product used on 1000 foot broadcast towers in the Midwest that are hit by multiple lightning strikes perMonth.On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 13:01 Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:On 9/1/19 11:18 PM, Jamie Hughes wrote:
> Please see attached data sheet. And I got an email with pricing:
> Custom cuts are $10/ft but I can do a full 1000ft spool for $7500

I believe this was a nice way of telling you to "fuck off". :D

7.50/ft is insane, and it's not even got a water block in it.  I've used a
belden product which was gel filled and armored/shielded for under a dollar
per foot.

Even 1 5/8" coax is 7/foot new, and it's got 4 oz of copper per foot in it.

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice