[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Sun Sep 8 13:10:01 PDT 2019

Tad,

HamWAN does have internet connectivity, but please be careful not to consider it a replacement for your commercial internet provider. Part 97 rules restrict usage of amateur radio frequencies, including for commercial usage or with encryption (HTTPS). Winlink would be a good use, there are a number of repeaters that have linking via HamWAN, there are several of our sites where we’ve installed streaming cameras for folks to watch. We very much intend HamWAN as a neutral network where you can run most any application you want as long as it stays clear of Part 97 rules and isn’t abusive.

Nigel