[HamWAN PSDR] N7IEI - Beacon Hill online

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Wed Sep 11 21:22:33 PDT 2019

Jake,

That’s a great signal and CCQ figures. Yes, it’s expected that they drop off when not in use. The modem backs off automatically if there’s not a need.

With regards to a static IP/subnet, when you know what you need/want and things are stable, reach out to netops at hamwan.org <mailto:netops at hamwan.org> and one of the admins will help you out. The backbone does run OSPF, but we don’t have client connections participate directly in the backbone for security/reliability reasons.

Thanks,
Nigel