[HamWAN PSDR] Baldi Power Outage

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Tue Sep 17 21:08:11 PDT 2019

FYI,

We remain on batteries at the moment. Earlier this afternoon we shut down a server on site to conserve some power, this was not handling any critical services and no end user impacts are expected. We estimate something on the order of 8 hours more runtime before the batteries are depleted, but that figure could vary as the UPS time estimates really don’t deal with the large battery bank we have very well.

The utility is working on the issue, and I’ve seen updates that other nearby/potentially related issues have been resolved, so hopefully we’ll be back on grid power soon.

Thanks,
Nigel