[HamWAN PSDR] Lookout Mtn update - 9/21/19

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Sat Sep 21 22:57:52 PDT 2019

Thanks to the efforts of Kenny Richards, Scott Honaker, Erik Robins, and
Steve Magnuson today we were able to finally complete the installation at
Lookout up in Whatcom County.  Today Sectors 1 and 2 were put online along
with finalizing the lightning arrestors for all 2 sectors and PTP dishes.

This brings HamWAN to a majority of the 4 NW Counties in Washington, as well
as a significant part of the lower B.C. mainland.  I will work to get the
website map updated in the coming week to give a better indication of
overall coverage areas.

As with all HamWAN projects this would not have happened without the help of
a LOT of people - both direct and indirect.  HamWAN's presence at the
Lookout site would not have happened without the support of Rob Chatham.

We may have some minor follow-up with improving the aim of the
Triangle/McDonald dish and possibly adjusting down-tilt on Sector 1 if it is
needed for covering close-in users to the site, but we are likely done at
Lookout for this season.  If you live in coverage areas in Skagit, Whatcom,
Island, or San Juan counties, you are welcome to setup gear and make use of
the network.  Please contact myself or anyone else on NetOps if you have
questions or problems.

Thanks again to everyone involved.  We have a couple more smaller site
projects we're hoping to finish before the weather puts a stop to our
activities for the season, but this likely is the last "big" project for
this year.  Below is a tentative coverage map until I get the website
updated.

North of Lookout

South of Lookout

Cheers,