[HamWAN PSDR] East Tiger – PTZ Camera

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Sun Aug 9 04:10:19 PDT 2020

Rob,

You're sending email from not your email address.  It's showing as
coming from the mailing list address itself.

How did you conclude the issue was a lightning strike?  Water logged
cables can leak water into connectors.  Powered RJ45s that are wet
undergo electrolysis and corrosion.  I'd also like to know what cable +
connectors were used for this installation.

This camera should have a pigtail that the CAT5 plugs into.  Why do you
need to open the camera housing?

Do you have any pictures of your recent visit?

--Bart