[HamWAN PSDR] Shout-out for Blyn workparty yesterday

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Mon Aug 17 13:48:41 PDT 2020

This marks Blyn officially open for traffic, since the sectors are now
on the air.  We should add its coverage to the network map soon.
Coverage to the east is somewhat blocked by adjacent hill tops, but
there are openings (valleys) that allow Everett and Seattle to get
signal, as well as some islands.

While the day was mostly injury-free, I am somewhat annoyed @ myself for
climbing in shorts, and subsequently tearing my knee on a rusty bolt
end.  Not once, but TWICE.  Same knee, same bolt.  So let's hope I don't
have tetanus now.  A stark reminder to be current on your vaccinations!
Also, climbing with leg + arm coverings to protect from jagged tower pieces.

We have 1 more climb required for Blyn, to mitigate 1 more antenna
placement impact.  It's scheduled for this Saturday, Aug 22nd.  It will
require some light ground crew support.  I'll send out a general
volunteer call if needed.  Still waiting on work plan details.

--Bart