[HamWAN PSDR] Required hardware

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat Dec 5 13:14:49 PST 2020

On 12/5/20 3:51 PM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> I notice that you specify only Mikrotik router/modem products. Is this the
> only manufacturer that makes a product that works with your network. Does
> Ubiquiti make a product that would work? Or anyone else?

The NV2 protocol is a proprietary over the air protocol, and only Mikrotik
supports it.

This is just the AP to end user interface, it still spits out Ethernet and IP.
 Simply put there's no other products which work out of band and meet 100-150
USD price point.  Should something better come along, it can be replaced, and
still deliver the same IP/IPv6 transport.

> It seems it would be prudish to not depend on one manufacturer.

I'm not a prude.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice