[HamWAN PSDR] Ordering equipment

k6mby.olypen k6mby at olypen.com
Tue Feb 18 15:14:09 PST 2020

Seeing coverage from Triangle in Sequim I decided to order equipment from
Streakwave.

Seems they no long carry the Mikrotik MTAD-5G-30D3-PA dish due to "high
tariffs" and suggested a Ubiquiti RD-5G30-LW.  Is there a better
recommendation out there that the organization would recommend.

Streakwave says the connector on the RD-5G30-LW is an N Female which I find
difficult to believe.  I put a question on the Ubiquiti Community page and
the answer there was the connector on the dish was an SMA Male.  Not sure
believe that either.

So, is the Ubiquiti dish a good alternative to the Mikrotik and can anyone
confirm the type of antenna connector on the Ubiquiti RD-5G30-LW?

Bob Sampson

K6MBY

Sequim, WA