[HamWAN PSDR] Blyn Status

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Thu Jan 9 12:13:38 PST 2020

John,

Your timing is good.  We are beginning to discuss projects and sites for the upcoming year and Blyn is definitely on the radar.  I was told some time ago that the guy wire has been repaired and that is no longer an issue.  We do however need to verify uplink paths to the site as when Bart visited last year I believe the impression was that it couldn’t see SnoDEM – one of the originally proposed link sites.  That still leaves Lookout and/or Victoria as possibilities.  It may be that SnoDEM is still reachable from the top of the tower that wasn’t explored during Bart’s visit for obvious reasons.

If you can shoot me a list of EOC and other locations off-list you’re looking to connect, I can add them to the maps we use for planning.  Right now the biggest limitations are likely weather and climber availability (also affected by weather) J.

Cheers,

Rob