[HamWAN PSDR] Yakima Amatuer Radio Data NETWORK

John C. Miller kx7jm at jmit.com
Fri Jan 10 13:33:06 PST 2020

Chad,

 The ability to have data communications established from Western to Eastern WA would be a big win for many.  In case we were left with no reliable commercial Internet in a disaster setting, HamWAN connectivity reaching over the mountains to the East would greatly increase the reach and usefulness of our emergency communications capability.

John Miller, KX7JM

---- On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 12:41:01 -0800 Chad Smith <chad at verishare.net> wrote ----

 Happy New Year. Attached is a current map of the Yakima Amatuer Radio Data NETWORK (YARD Net) currently running several AREDN nodes on 2.4ghz and 5ghz part97. There is interest in connecting with HamWan. I know there have been West/East side discussions in the past and we would like to start looking into connecting again. Those involved with our (Yakima) project (and Spokane) belong to this http://group.io group https://groups.io/g/yardnet

Thanks,

Chad Smith

KA7HAK