[HamWAN PSDR] How to Aim Uplink on a Tower

Herb Weiner herbw at wiskit.com
Wed Jan 29 13:53:46 PST 2020

In the near future, Oregon HamWAN (http://www.oregonhamwan.org <http://www.oregonhamwan.org/>) will be deploying three sectors and an uplink (aimed at Larch Mountain) on the KOIN Tower in Southwest Portland.

What is the best way to optimize the aiming of our uplink? I am familiar with the use of /interface wireless scan 0, but it is difficult to optimize the signal strength using the output of this command.

Aim Master (https://github.com/HamWAN/aim <https://github.com/HamWAN/aim>) looked like a promising approach, but it appears as if this has not been updated since 2016, and it appears to use SNMP MIBs that are no longer supported by the current firmware.

We need to provide instructions for a professional tower climber that will probably have limited, if any, experience with HamWAN.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Herb, AA7HW