[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: Replace SnoDEM.Haystack (repair spending)

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Thu Jul 16 16:43:50 PDT 2020

Hello,

Both clients to SnoDEM.Haystack are super weak on ch0.  This implies a
fault with SnoDEM.Haystack.  I'd like to go up there with a full
dish+modem kit to swap out the whole thing and not do diagnostics on the
mountain top.  PTZ does not show any obvious physical damage to ch0
cable or dish.

I would like to draw upon existing inventory to perform this repair.
Here are the estimated costs:

Dish: $130
Shield: $100
Modem: $150
TOTAL: $380

I can do diagnostics and salvage what is possible once the faulty gear
is down on the ground.

My vote is yea.  Since this is a repair measure, only 1 more supporting
director vote is required for it to pass under our standing repair
spending rules.

--Bart