[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: Rattlesnake HamWAN Site

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Mon Jun 8 01:19:57 PDT 2020

Hello,

I've been working recently on the Rattlesnake site and funding things
out of pocket.  I'd like HamWAN to assume the expenses and future
ownership/maintenance of the items.  I have itemized the total cost of
the site here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P_QE15Gj3UtxGh5JG6TgI1RdsY-7Gn0-idwBnqnst1Y/edit?usp=sharing

This installation spans 2 shacks on the mountain, and 2 towers.  The
north tower links to Haystack, and the south tower links to Baldi. The
two shacks (and towers) are tied together via 60GHz microwave link and
share a LAN.  The site will provide 2 sectors worth of regional
coverage.  One sector bearing north, and the other bearing 120 degrees.
The site will also feature a remotely controllable PTZ camera which will
stream 24/7.  All links have excellent signal quality.  The items marked
"Future Deploy" are scheduled for deployment this coming weekend.  The
other items are already deployed.

Some of this hardware has already been expensed with HamWAN, other
hardware was already owned by HamWAN and was re-assigned for use at
Rattlesnake, and the remaining hardware I purchased out of pocket and
haven't been compensated for yet.  This spreadsheet GRAND TOTAL tracks
the total cost of the site. *In terms of the remaining expenses for
HamWAN and me to be square, that is only $1,120.* I have submitted a
reimbursement request to the board for that amount, in parallel with
this vote approval request.

--Bart