[HamWAN PSDR] Board Election

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat Jun 20 11:50:22 PDT 2020

On 6/20/20 2:18 PM, Marc Lacy wrote:
> I would like to remind everyone that it has been reported recently that there is cocaine residue on nearly every $20.00, $50.00, and $100.00 bill in circulation. Because that money is tainted, are you not going to accept it as currency? Money is money.

I have to disagree with this analogy.

That's different, and you say that like cocaine is an evil thing.  Having coke
on money doesn't mean the money came from a dirty source.  Perhaps you earned
the money at work and it came from the bank.  HamWAN should take that money if
it's offered, IMHO.  Now if you got the money from fraud or dishonest means,
should HamWAN take it?  I'd vote no.

What if Altria gave a donation to HamWAN; should HamWAN take money from a
company who's product causes death?  Rio Tinto? CITGO? Microsoft?
Chick-fil-A?  Larry Ellison?

What if it's a person?  Wouldn't this person have some influence in HamWAN then?

This isn't with out precedent:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52641661

Where your money comes from says lots about the sort of org you're running and
what your values are.

It looks like Marc brings lots to the table and would be a positive person to
have involved on the business development and compliance side of the house.
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net