[HamWAN PSDR] Rattlesnake HamWAN site is on-line

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Tue Jun 23 16:10:45 PDT 2020

Hello,

After weeks of work, I can finally declare the Rattlesnake site
(47.469984°, -121.820954°) open for business.  We made another visit to
Rattlesnake this past weekend, and managed to get 2 sectors installed at
the top of the tower.  There is now HamWAN service firing at about 340
degrees @ 5920MHz and about 90 degrees @ 5900MHz.  The sectors were
rotated counter-clockwise slightly from our regular 0 and 120 degree
bearings to optimize service for the local area.  We also installed a
PTZ camera at the top of the Rattlesnake tower, which has been working
great.

Given the really long task list, we didn't get through everything in the
1 day, so we need to do another visit this weekend.  The remaining items
are:

1) Install ice shield for 60GHz dish on stubby tower.
2) Install shield + high speed modem on Baldi facing dish.
3) Install missing cable cushions on the tall tower.

Rattlesnake should be completed at that point, and our next weekend
adventure will take us to Blyn.

--Bart