[HamWAN PSDR] Scripting help needed

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed May 6 16:48:48 PDT 2020

It looks like connect-to can take either a name or an address:

[eo at CR1] /interface ovpn-client> add connect-to=

ConnectTo ::= Address | Name
   Name -- string value
   Address ::= A.B.C.D    (IP address)

Have you tried having your dynamic IP register with DNS, and then have
the ovpn-client connect to that DNS?

On the ovpn-server side, there's instructions from our Open Peering
Policy page on how to configure Dynamic DNS:

http://hamwan.org/Labs/Open%20Peering%20Policy.html#optionally-configure-dynamic-ip-support

Although Mikrotik also has their own "ip cloud" dynamic dns thing:

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP/Cloud

--Bart