[HamWAN PSDR] For those times you have to use a zip tie

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Mon Sep 14 19:09:14 PDT 2020

Hello,

We tend to use proper cable cushion/hanger hardware on towers, but in
other places a zip tie is sometimes needed.  We had a ton of zip ties
pop off before, and always see them breaking off when climbing towers
with ties.  Luckily Mr.Project Farm has released a zip tie comparison
video today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMfOwPuN0Ao

I found it really informative, and you may too, if you're into such
obscure things like performance of zip ties in outdoor environments and
their failure modes under load.

--Bart