[HamWAN PSDR] Advice for parts for a portable setup

lionelhlvrsn at gmail.com lionelhlvrsn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 20:01:00 PDT 2020

Hi Michael,

If you’re not in a big hurry, I can bring my Dynadish over to your house once I get it up and running and we can see if we can reach a HamWAN sector from there. I’ll have it mounted on a tripod. A big part of why I’m going with the portable model is so that I can test it out on different places on Bainbridge Island.

Stephen, W9SK, recommended Eurodk.com. They have the Dynadish 5 for $121.23, in stock. I ordered mine through them. It came to $160 with shipping and whatnot.

I went with the Dynadish based in large part on the recommendations of Carl N7KUW and Bryan Fields in this email thread. Also, the Dynadish seems more robust, with fewer parts that could easily get pulled or crushed if handled indelicately. It also seems more future-proof. I may not be able to take advantage of the speed, and I may not need it even if I could, but I like knowing it’s there.

Eurodk doesn’t call it ROW. They call it the Euro plug.

-Lionel