[HamWAN PSDR] "r2" Version Supports all Three Band Widths - MikroTik QRT 5ac 5GHz outdoor flat panel 24dBi antenna

Alan Dieringer [WX7L] WX7L at westseattlearc.org
Mon Aug 16 12:57:24 PDT 2021

Dear PSDR List Members,

HamWAN's PDF comparing various devices shows the QRT 5 ac:

http://hamwan.org/Standards/Component%20Engineering/Client%20Hardware/antenas_mantbox.pdf

However, on the webpage
http://hamwan.org/Standards/Component%20Engineering/Client%20Hardware.html it
states: *"Avoid Mikrotik's 802.11ac modems. These are incapable of tuning
the 5 and 10 MHz channels used by HamWAN and are therefore incompatible."*

It is not unusual to find outdated material relating to electronic devices,
and I think this is the case here, so I thought it best to check with the
manufacturer.  Below is the response from MikroTik Support confirming that
the new version of the QRT 5 ac also supports 5 and 10 MHz band widths
because of a new chipset in the "r2" revision.  Just need to make sure you
don't get the old version.

73
Alan WX7L