[HamWAN PSDR] PUBLIC COMMENTS: Expenditure for New Cell Site on Bainbridge Island

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Wed Dec 15 21:31:36 PST 2021

Hello Everyone,

We’ve been working with an emergency operations group over on the eastern side of Bainbridge Island with a fairly sizable tower, and has offered to host a HamWAN cell site. We have a fair bit of gear in storage from the recent decommission operations, and they’ve just asked us to cover the tower climber costs for the installation of the sectors. Costs in total are not to exceed $3k.

The board has discussed this, and we believe it’s a good opportunity for some North-South redundancy in the backbone, and for sector coverage of the western slopes of Puget Sound, which has seen some lost coverage with the decommission of Gold. We have available funds to cover this expense and other growth items without straining our finances.

This email serves as notice that we intend to move forward with this project to bring massively increased bandwidth capabilities to the backbone, and is the membership’s opportunity for public comment before the decision is finalized. It will be considered finalized 24 hours after this message.

Thanks,
Nigel
HamWAN