[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: New cabling evaluation samples

Darcy Buskermolen darcyb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 18:04:28 PST 2021

I'd also consider looking at cat7 options, I have a not public document that indicates they have much better EMI properties.Sent on the go, from somewhere other than here.
-------- Original message --------From: Bart Kus <me at bartk.us> Date: 2021-02-07  13:17  (GMT-08:00) To: Puget Sound Data Ring <psdr at hamwan.org> Subject: [HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: New cabling evaluation samples
    Hello,

    As a follow-up to the "Capitol Peak cable system failure" email,
    here are the samples I would like to order and evaluate for use in
    all our future deploys:

          Item Description

          Qty

          Cost

          Total

          Water
              blocking CAT6 cable, 1000ft

          1

          $199.99

          $199.99

          Water
              blocking CAT5e cable, 1000ft

          1

          $158.99

          $158.99

          BCU158M7
              Multi-Hole Universal Barrel Cushion

          1

          $42.50

          $42.50

          TOTAL, excluding tax and
            shipping

          $401.48

    I know 500ft spools of the cables are available, but the $/ft there
    is much worse, and whichever spool we choose will be deployed in the
    field.  The other spool can be used up for indoor wiring, from surge
    arresters onwards.

    --Bart