[HamWAN PSDR] KC7Z

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Sat Feb 27 16:49:13 PST 2021

Jamie,

I’m not sure what site you’re referencing with “Columbia or VA”, be aware that not every icon on the map is something you can connect to. Be sure you’re looking at the 1 to 3 triangular-ish icons, representing the three 120 degree sectors we use to serve clients.

In terms of access, your client will automatically pull a DHCP address from the sector, which is generally open. We do restrict telnet and winbox protocols at our internet edges as they’ve been too problematic from a security perspective. Otherwise things are open. If you have a specific need, send a note to netops at hamwan.org <mailto:netops at hamwan.org> and we can get you taken care of.

Additionally if you need more than just the one address your modem will pull automatically, send us a note and we can route a subnet to you as well.

Nigel