[HamWAN PSDR] New to HamWan

Phil Cornell phil_cornell at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 21:19:01 PST 2021

I am new to this part of the hobby.  I have been a ham since 1978 and I am now very involved in ARES.  I have a Winlink RMS Hybrid Gateway and I was looking for an alternative to my Comcast internet, then I found HamWan.  I read as much as I could and decided to take the plunge.  I purchased the recommended Microtik equipment and it is assembled, (I will be mounting the antenna next Wed).  I was trying to use Winbox to setup the router and something happened.  I am now locked out and can no longer connect to the router ("Incorrect user name or password").  I think I can reset the router manually at the board and start the configuration all over again with a new router config process but I need some help with some of the steps.  Watching K7MM's video answered many of my questions but the reset is still a question in my mind.  How is it done?  What happens after I complete the configuration?  How do I integrate this into my gateway station?
Newbie is drowning in all the tech manuals and code!!!

Phil Cornell
 W7PLC
SHARES NCS590
Hybrid Gateway W7PLC