[HamWAN PSDR] Newbie

Scott Currie scott.d.currie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 22:06:30 PDT 2021

Yeah, I discussed this with the WDT, and the issue with using HamWAN or
ARDEN. I had asked if we could force a non-SSL connection to the CMS. They
have been under pressure from AWS to switch to all SSL connections, so they
had to make the change. They did commit to leaving the client or gateway
connection to RMS Relay as non-SSL, so that is why we have suggested having
a regional instance of RMS Relay on HamWAN that the RMS Gateways and
clients could point to. Backend of the RMS Relay would then connect to the
CMS over SSL on a hardened Internet connection (like at a county EOC or the
State EOC), or even HF forwarding if the Internet is down.

-Scott