[HamWAN PSDR] Getting connected to HamWAN

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Fri May 28 11:28:23 PDT 2021

When I first got my HamWAN setup (32" reflector w/ a Microtik router) in
February of some year in the past, I aimed it out a 2nd story window
(double-paned glass) to the HamWAM Paine Field (actually, Snohomish
County DEM) node, 5 miles away.  Worked fine, so I mounted the dish on
the roof.

Starting in July, over that month, reception gradually dropped from good
to marginal to non-existent.  Reception didn't come back until the next
January.  This pattern repeated for the next three years, at which time
I gave up.

We never did find the cause.  Seasonal foliage didn't seem to match the
pattern.

Good luck!