[HamWAN PSDR] Second dish/radio with same credentials

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Wed Apr 6 14:34:09 PDT 2022

HamWAN doesn’t require any creds/registrations. You can have two or more devices easily. Each device has a unique hardware address, so you can connect to the same sector without concerns. Follow the config instructions on the web site and you’ll be set. http://hamwan.org/Standards/Network%20Engineering/Client%20Node%20Configuration.html <http://hamwan.org/Standards/Network%20Engineering/Client%20Node%20Configuration.html>

As network operators we’d prefer if you give them different names so we can more easily tell them apart if you ask for help, but otherwise they’ll work fine. We give the example name format in step 19 of the instructions as "CALLSIGN/YourLocation-DestinationCell”. The callsign part is important as it’s what qualifies as ID’ing, the latter part of YourLocation-DestinationCell is mostly informative info when the admins are looking at what’s connected. You can change this latter part to reflect a mobile station or other use case.

Nigel