[HamWAN PSDR] RouterOS question

Stephen Kangas stephen at kangas.com
Wed Nov 23 11:17:03 PST 2022

Bart’s suggestion is a better way as it is much more secure.  Allowing FTP to be run at any time in RouterOS is asking for trouble, as it can be potentially be used for a bad actor to infect your device.  SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) is not only encrypted  but using Secure Shell (SSH) to access it helps prevent problems.

Stephen W9SK