[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN Board Director Elections - Announcement

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Wed Feb 22 18:31:31 PST 2023

Greetings All,

It is once again time for annual elections for the HamWAN Board of
Directors. Here's a quick recap of the main points for those that need a
refresher.

*	Board member positions last for one year.
*	Any Supporting Member is eligible to vote for board members.
*	Any Supporting Member is eligible to run for a position on the
board.
*	There is no limit on the number of board members. If you feel you
would be valuable, you're not taking a seat away from someone else.
*	There is a minimum of 3 board members required by the constitution.
*	Each board member is a separate election. You don't have to choose
only one person to vote for, you choose Yea or Nay for each individual.
*	Please respond to the list here with your votes. This serves as our
public record.
*	We do not have a concept of nominations. The individual themselves
must express intent to run for a board position.

The term Supporting Member is a specific criteria defined in the
constitution as individuals who have contributed at the Basic Level ($20/mo
or more) for at least the last 6 months. Both the time and financial
criteria must be met to count. There have been a couple instances of
employer matching or other donations that aren't always attributed to the
proper source, so if you feel that you've been missed in this list, I
apologize. Please reach out and we'll get it corrected. The current list of
Supporting Members is:

.         Tim Osburn

.         Terence Chan

.         Alan Dieringer

.         Bob Edmiston

.         Burt Guillot

.         Carl Leon

.         Casey R Hickerson

.         Chuck Dorsett

.         Cory Johnson

.         Dana Hanford

.         David Giuliani

.         Doug Kingston

.         Dylan Ambauen

.         Ian Gallagher

.         John C Miller

.         Kenneth Koster

.         Kenneth Richards

.         Nigel Vander Houwen

.         Paul Sundquist

.         Randy Neals

.         Robert Salsgiver

.         Robert Sampson

.         Ronald Zuber

.         Warren Churchward

The last couple of years have given us some challenges.  A lot of effort was
put into recovering from the loss of DNR leases that kept us from moving
forward as much as we could have, and the extended "malaise" from Covid
continued to put a drag on things.  Supply chain issues has limited the
availability of some Mikrotik (and other) equipment, although some of that
is improving.

There are a few interesting bright spots on the horizon which we'll discuss
more in future emails.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the last year
(plus).  Ones who immediately come to mind are Doug Kingston, Cory Johnson,
Nigel Vander Houwen, Bart Kus, Kenny Richards, and Tom Hayward.  If I have
missed someone, please accept my apologies and let me know.

I see HamWAN at somewhat of a turning point.  We are fortunate to still have
the support and expertise of many of our earliest minds, although time and
family commitments limit their availability.  In order to develop a common,
sustainable project we need to involve more resources and create a plan on
what that means and how to make it happen.  We need to build the
organization to survive not just year to year, but for the years to come,
even as each of us comes and goes within the organization.

The first step is to elect a new Board.  Cory Johnson and myself intend to
continue forward (if voted) into the next year.  Doug Kingston and Dylan
Ambauen have also indicated their willingness to run and assist at the Board
level.   For anyone else who wishes to run for the board, please send an
email here to the mailing list announcing your intention to run. The voting
period on your election will end 7 days after your announcement. Duties
largely consist of being available for occasional votes to approve expenses
or discuss larger organizational decisions a minimum of quarterly.  It is
encouraged to write a small blurb about yourself and what you would like
HamWAN to do, and what you bring to the table, so that folks who aren't
immediately familiar with your name can have an idea on who they're voting
for.

There will be much to do in the coming year(s).  If your life currently
allows you to help out at the Board, NetOps, or even on a periodic project
or administrative level, I ask you to consider lending a hand.  I welcome
your thoughts and input.

Election and voting email(s) will follow this announcement.

Cheers,

Rob Salsgiver - NR3O