[HamWAN PSDR] Site details?

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Thu Mar 16 21:25:35 PDT 2023

Nick, and anyone else who is interested,

Yes, sectors are almost universally installed to the 0,120,240 headings. We do this to minimize frequency interference so that for example, two sector 1’s on different sites will be front to back relative to each other.

There have been rare circumstances where landforms/heavy vegetation have blocked coverage at a site, and the population area has been near the edge of a sector (or where two sectors coverages would meet), and we have rotate the plan *slightly*, but this is a few degrees. We *NEVER* make significant deviations to the aim for the above interference reasons. We (as noted before) will sometime omit a sector if it’s not going to provide value, but that doesn’t change the aim plan.

Nigel