[HamWAN PSDR] Best WLAN protocol for PtP link

Rob Martin rgmrob at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 22:53:40 PDT 2023

Hello,
I'm am seeking advice, experience and expertise concerning wlan protocols on a Point-to-Point link.
I am establishing a 20MHz-wide PtP link under Part 15 rules. Only two stations are involved. It is NOT Point-to-Multipoint.
This link will be encrypted. Based upon some scanning of the likely spectrum to be used, I expect a pretty clean channel.

Question: Do I use NV2, the protocol used on all HamWAN APs, or some 802.11 variant?
If this topic is too far from general PSDR interest, please respond off-list.

Thanks for any help.
RobK7QJ