[HamWAN PSDR] Lookout maintenance update

Dale Skyllingstad dskyllingstad at harbornet.com
Sat Oct 28 21:39:59 PDT 2023

Yes, we were lucky!  A few years ago we had a similar thing happen at
Bawfaw.  Bart and I made a winter trip to the mountain top to find at
least one PoE injector had water ingress corrosion to the point of
failure.  We did the "strip an inch of jacket at the low point" fix,
crimped on new RJ45s and replaced the injector.  Still operational years
later.  One of these summers, we need to climb the Bawfaw tower and
assess any cat cable damage that allowed the water ingress in the first
place.  Cable dressing at the bottom of the tower could use some work as
well.

I know a little while back, we talked about testing the Truecable direct
burial CAT5E with water-blocking tape.  If I recall, it was a little too
big to fit in our standard 6mm 10-hole barrel cushions.  Did we decide
against it?

Dale

AH6ET