[HamWAN PSDR] Latest recommendation for Cat 5e/6 outdoor rated cable

Paul Sundquist psundquist at foxhill.org
Thu Feb 8 13:00:20 PST 2024

I’ve used Cables4Sure 04100-BL Cat5e Outdoor Black Above Ground Bulk Cable sitting on my asphalt shingle roof for 2.5 years without a problem. However I learned that a mouse can easily eat through the wiring  - I use the same wiring for outdoor POE cameras. The chewed cable was on the ground in my forested backyard.