[HamWAN PSDR] Link to Metro Vancouver/BC

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Tue Aug 13 13:58:40 PDT 2019

Moving PSDR to bcc to avoid spamming people.

Adding netops@ to continue thread.

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for reaching out.  I had a brief look at VECTOR Radio's website
(https://vectorradio.ca <https://vectorradio.ca/>) to learn about the
project, but didn't get a good sense of the overall idea.  Can you
describe the project's intentions / focus / use cases / intended users /
etc?  I'd be especially interested in learning how it differs from
HamWAN.  You also mentioned it'll be (or is?) configured differently, so
I'd be interested to hear the technical details there.

In terms of a link to that location, it looks pretty low level, so it's
not ideal as a hub for Canadian re-distribution.  You're of course free
to use the north-pointing sector and associate with that, but we're
hoping to use our north-facing dish (not installed yet) to link into a
network with good coverage/distribution, that aligns with our project
goals (emcomm / hammy service).

How does VECTOR Radio differ from BCWARN?  Do the two networks cooperate
/ exchange data?

--Bart