[HamWAN PSDR] Mikrotik -US model inquiry

RandyC randellojello at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 16:18:41 PST 2019

Hi HamWAN group,I tried to purchase a RB912UAG-5HPnD-OUT, but keep getting the RB912UAG-5HPnD-OUT-US from Amazon. My research indicates the -US model is locked out in a way that we can not undo, but others have hinted that it works for AREDN firmware.
My question is can I unlock the -US model, is it necessary for HamWAN? If not, where should I purchase this radio, or is there another radio preferred?-RandyCKM6KIH, Bellevue, WA