[HamWAN PSDR] Reminder on HamWAN use

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Thu Jul 18 21:27:18 PDT 2019

Hello All,

Due to some recent activity we’ve seen on-network, we’d like to send a reminder to folks about being careful about HTTPS or other SSL traffic. HamWAN sectors and by extension your modems run on Part 97 frequencies where encryption is not permitted. HamWAN cannot be a replacement for your commercial internet service, and you are responsible for maintaining compliance.

For now this is a general reminder. In the future we’ll be working to help remind individuals specifically when we notice a problem.

Thanks again for your help and support!
Nigel