[HamWAN PSDR] setting a Dynadish 5 as a dhcp client on wlan1 fails

Randy Neals randy at neals.ca
Sun Mar 31 22:47:46 PDT 2019

Steve,

Your client radio (DynaDish5) should have two DHCP configurations. DHCP
Client and DHCP Server.

Your wlan interface should be configured as a “station”, and in that mode
you attach the DHCP Client to the WLAN interface.

There should be no bridge on a DynaDish.
There’s nothing to bridge as you will be routing between the Wlan interface
and the Ethernet interface, along with network address translation.

The client configurations on the website are generally correct for most
installations.
There are some steps that would be better if in a different order, but not
too far off.

--
Sent from mobile.